From Patrick’s Place comes a meme that I really think I can get into:
name seven of your favorite action/adventure, comedy or dramas that might qualify for the category of “guy movies.”
- I could fill up the whole list with John Wayne movies! He is just the epitome of “guy,” to me, and his movies have been (and continue to be) enjoyed by all the guys I know. So, instead of listing all his movies and missing out on others, I’ll just list him at the top of the list: JOHN WAYNE
- Another actor who could fill up the list by himself is Bruce Willis, so I’ll just list him: BRUCE WILLIS
- Every Bond Movie except Never Say Never Again
- The Great Escape (1963) – but even better was The Great Escape II: The Untold Story that we had the foresight to tape off TV back in the late 80’s. It’s never been replayed that we know of, and it’s not out on DVD – or we’d buy it! The guys in my life love it.
- The Magnificent Seven (1960)
- Platoon (1986)
- Most of Mel Gibson’s films, especially Lethal Weapon I-IV
OK, that’s my “official” list, approved by Himself. I’d like to add a few more, though:
- Hudson Hawk – it’s Bruce Willis at his zaniest, and it’s great!
- Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 (2003, 2004)
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001, 2002, 2003)
- Star Wars 1-6
- Star Trek – all the movies, no matter how dorky – they are wonderful – according to my guys
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Westworld (1973)
- Dune (1984) also Dune (TV mini-series 2000)
- Indiana Jones movies
Well, that’s the list! But it will always be incomplete – we will discover other movies to be added in the future, and new movies are being made all the time.